Hillside Ave. Church of God
Office Administrator/ Social Media Coordinator Job Description
This job description is a work in progress. The needs of the church change as the church and culture changes. Therefore, the needs and skills of this position will always need progressive thinking, actions and training. This position is split into two parts (Office Administrator and Social Media Coordinator) and will require a person that excels in the areas listed below. This position requires 30+ flexible hours per week.
- Office Skills:Excellent command of the English language, including basic composition, grammar and punctuation. Also, strong computer skills, including use of the Internet, e-mail (office and community), and word processing (Microsoft Office 365). Proficiency in spreadsheets, desktop publishing programs and presentation software (Power Point, Publisher, etc.). Knowledge and proficiency in the operation of standard office machines and copiers.
- Interpersonal Skills
- The ability to handle complaints and problems with tact, patience and diplomacy, and must handle confidential and sensitive information discreetly and according to church protocol.
- Proficiency in portraying a professional and caring image for the church in all interactions (in person, over the phone or across digital platforms) with the congregation, church staff and the public in general.
- Flexibility, good judgment and the ability to set priorities.
- Answer the phone, greet visitors, act as a liaison between the pastor and the public, assist church staff members as needed, coordinate projects and solicit church volunteers.
- Be an active member of the church as well as a self-starter who can work independently.
- Weekend and evening hours may be required, as this position may be expected to be present for church services and committee meetings.
- Be involved in crafting creative communication publications for the staff in different ministry areas by using online and community resources to produce high quality materials.
- Duties and responsibilities may change with little advanced notice.
Social Media Coordinator:
SMC will create and monitor all aspects of social media for Hillside COG and Restoration at Hillside. This position will work closely with the staff leaders of every ministry at HS/RAH and other departments to produce relevant, engaging, timely social media content on all platforms. The Social Media Coordinator will report to the Lead Pastor until a communication team is developed.
- Working from the main content calendar, implement and curate content on all HS/RAH social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Be available during at least one service per weekend to capture and package relevant content from HS/RAH sermons, children’s ministry and youth programs.
- Work with volunteers to provide campus-specific social media content.
- Responsible for content and editing of all communications on social media.
- Be available for rapid response to inquiries and conversations on all social media channels.
- Be available to monitor content on all channels regularly.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- The desire and passion to serve Christ in the local church.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, visual, written, and relational.
- Early adopter and enthusiast of social media applications and technologies.
- Demonstrated familiarity with all popular social media channels with a strong understanding of different types of messaging.
- Highly organized and communicative.
Again, this position is being developed and will be undergoing changes and tweaking as the church needs develop and expand. We look forward to growing a team that excels in “Helping people find and follow Jesus.”
How to apply:
- Please send your resume’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attach your personal testimony of how you became a follower of Jesus and what difference it is making in your life and in the life of others.